In a shallow bowl, stir together eggs, salt and pepper sauce. Learn how to cook great Fried asparagus with creole mustard sauce . Add garlic and stir 15 seconds. Fry asparagus in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Just prep the shrimp, cut the asparagus, make the sauce, and stir fry. Baked Asparagus Fries Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus. Place the asparagus into the griddle pan and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drain on paper towels and enjoy with Creamy Southwest Dipping Sauce (See Recipe Below) This sauce … In a shallow dish, mix together the panko, garlic powder, and salt. Inspired by Chinese imperial cuisine, this golden fried rice packs plenty of flavor from onions, garlic, scallions, and fresh ginger, along with plenty of fresh asparagus and aromatic XO sauce. With minimal steps and a simple ingredients list, this savory, peppery and nutty Asian veggie recipe is ready in 10 minutes from start to finish! Preparation. In another shallow plate, stir together all breading ingredients until well-mixed. Step 3 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to 300°F. (Read more about ...). Fried Asparagus With Meyer Lemon-Mustard Dipping Sauce. Breading Doesn’t Have To Be Messy. Asparagus Sauce. A Sauteed Asparagus With Garlic and Oyster Sauce Recipe that is packed with bold yet delicate flavors. Since my family loves asparagus, I am trying my best to cook them as much as I can, before the current Mexican asparagus (the thicker variety) ends. Do check out the recipes gallery for cooking inspiration. Add the capers and cook, stirring, until most of the bubbling has subsided and the capers are crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Post a photo on instagram & tag @noobcook + #noobcookrecipe! In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until shimmering. Fry asparagus in batches for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. That’s it! Serve them as a side dish, appetizer, or anytime snack with either one or both of the dipping sauces. Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, lime juice, and adobo sauce in a small bowl; set aside. Cook, turning frequently for 5-6 minutes, until tender and striped with griddle marks. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and stir in the flour. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. XO Sauce is a seafood sauce popular in Cantonese cuisine and it’s rather pricey (about S$20 per bottle) due to the dried scallops which is a premium Chinese dried good. Heat oil in heavy large skillet. 4. Serve with Creole Mustard Sauce. To me, the pencil-thin variety of asparagus doesn’t make a good pairing in terms of status with the expensive XO Sauce (lol). Step 2. 4 teaspoons roasted peanut oil Heat the oil in your deep fryer ( I love my Digital Double Deep Fryer from Brylane Home!) Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add asparagus, seal and shake to coat. Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. You’ve found your way to this page on asparagus sauce. Beat the egg in a shallow dish with a fork or whisk. Oh yes, the recipe. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, rind, juice, mustard, and pepper in … In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2-inches. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asparagus-with-horseradish-dip You can substitute 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or to taste) instead of making your own. Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Drain on paper towels. Mix together 3/4 cup mayonnaise and a few drops of Cholula. Your email address will not be published. Coat the chicken with the bread crumbs. Continue frying the asparagus in batches until you run out. Chill 20 minutes. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Alternatively if like us you like stir frying you could try pasta with asparagus, your choice of Mediterranean vegetables stir fried along with some pesto sauce. Well, what we are cooking today is Shrimp and Asparagus stir fried in black bean sauce. Dip each asparagus spear in egg mixture and roll in crumbs to coat well. Recipe: Stir-fried Asparagus with Scallop, Recipe: Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Lemon & Thyme, Bento: Bacon, Pea Shoots, Egg, Gyoza & Pasta. 5. Heat the oil in your deep fryer ( I love my Digital Double Deep Fryer from Brylane Home!) Would love to try Cook it haha. EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. This stir-fried asparagus in XO Sauce a very easy dish, because XO Sauce on its own is so flavourful, one doesn’t need much further seasoning when wokking the dish. In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, egg and 1 teaspoon hot sauce. https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe Required fields are marked *, Thanks for visiting!! The recipe calls for vegan mayo, which is oil-based. Mix the cooked egg whites into the rice in the pan. It’s similar to my fried chicken recipe. :(, Thanks for sharing this! Sprinkle sugar and continue to stir fry for another minute. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir … Fried asparagus with creole mustard sauce recipe. 1 1/2 pounds asparagus. Roll asparagus to coat and cook evenly. In another shallow dish, combine cornmeal mix and Cajun seasoning. Heat the oil to 350 F. Stir in Our daughter loves this sort of thing and we often make it … Add garlic and stir 15 seconds. You can also try making the aioli with a healthier low-fat mayo made from beans. Excellent-so much more flavour then steaming it. The question is: were you looking for a sauce made and flavoured with asparagus or a sauce to serve with your asparagus? Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Try to arrange in a way that the prawns are spreaded over the asparagus, resembling flowers on the branches, for better presentation. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, Fried Asparagus with Creole Mustard Sauce, 1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoons for sauce hot sauce. It coats the exterior of the asparagus with a pungent, savory, slightly sweet glaze that is powerful but not cloying. The prices are really cheapest this week, so I reckon it must the peak of the season. Also, use your choice of fresh herbs. If you are looking for quick, easy, and delicious asparagus recipe, you have come to the right place. Try them out! Lasagna. In a cast iron or non-stick skillet, sautee the asparagus in a tablespoon or two of oil for a couple of … https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-vegetable/fried-asparagus.html this is to help the thick asparagus cook through nicely when added to the wok. I am so happy that asparagus season is here. Combine beer and egg whites; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. and make the sauce as pucker lemony as your heart desires! Drain on paper towels and enjoy with Creamy Southwest Dipping Sauce (See Recipe Below) This sauce is also great for Onion Rings! This is the Mexican asparagus I cooked with. Pan Seared Asparagus With Soy Sauce and Garlic takes only about 15 minutes to make, but is PACKED with flavor. Daily new Asparagus recipes ideas. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce. To make a simple dipping sauce, I whip out my favorite hot sauce. Deselect All. Sauce Gribiche is similar to an aioli or a mayonnaise sauce with chopped hard cooked eggs, capers, pickles and herbs. Fry asparagus in batches for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. oil to 375°. Dip the chicken into the egg. In a skillet, heat butter and oil on medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and fry it, stirring … Fresh asparagus spears are dipped in a seasoned wine-batter and fried until crispy and golden brown. Tried a recipe from Noob Cook? Only 3.5g net carbs per serving of 5 asparagus fries. https://www.thespruceeats.com/asparagus-stir-fry-recipe-695304 The Fried Perch with Green Asparagus and Champagne Cream Sauce recipe out of our category Sprout! Dip asparagus in buttermilk mixture; dredge in cornmeal mixture. We roasted the asparagus with the olive oil, garlic & sea salt but served it with chicken with a dijon lemon sauce so the asparagus was left without the sauce. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Fried asparagus with creole mustard sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. They make a great spring appetizer served with ranch dressing for dipping. 5) Transfer asparagus on a nice serving dish. Brae's asparagus and olive herb in sea butter Spring's asparagus harvest is here for a good time, not a long time. Sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat. COOK'S TIP: Keep this easy wine-batter recipe on hand to use with other vegetables as well as seafood, fish, and chicken tenders. They’re great as-is, and even better when served with a spicy mustard mayo dip. Remove the fried asparagus from the oil and let drain on paper towels. If the asparagus are thin, cut them on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces. Stir soy sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves. 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, or more to taste. In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. Drain on paper towels. The thick Mexican asparagus season seems to have ended here because they are not on sale anymore! Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or another large pan. Serves 8 . Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a deep fryer or a pan on the stovetop, add enough oil so that the asparagus can be fried on all sides. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Meatloaf with prosciutto, porcini sauce and pan fried asparagus Chargrilled asparagus with a fried egg and hazelnut salsa macha I burn a little butter to combine with the salsa macha towards the end of this recipe, but you could easily skip that part. Quick-fried chicken sauced with Parmesan-laced asparagus sauce is your tasty solution to dinner tonight. Stir-fry until whites are cooked and scrambled, about 1 minute. May I know why we need to blanch the asparagus. In fact, oyster sauce is the perfect sauce for sauteed asparagus. Taste and add mustard and/or vinegar, if desired. It pairs well with steak, chicken, or fish, but especially pairs well with asian cuisine. You’ll notice that the recipe says to dip asparagus in the egg wash with one hand, and the breading with the other. Drain on paper towels. … Serve with Creole Mustard Sauce. Recipe: Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Lemon & Thyme; This stir-fried asparagus in XO Sauce a very easy dish, because XO Sauce on its own is so flavourful, one doesn’t need much further seasoning when wokking the dish. May I know why asparagus need to be blanched. Add asparagus, soy sauce, and water to skillet. Salmon and Asparagus can be served with buttery noodles, mashed potatoes or rice or low carb cauliflower rice or zoodles; you can prepare it with or without the asparagus or swap the asparagus for zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, etc. It also does the … It is also terrific over meat or fish or even potatoes! Serve to a hungry family with hot rice and a green vegetable. A classic! The Breaded and Fried Asparagus with Yogurt Sauce recipe out of our category Dips! Sauté onion until tender. This is the Mexican asparagus I cooked with. to 350 degrees and fry the asparagus for 2 to 4 minutes until the asparagus is golden brown. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/stir-fried-asparagus-with-sliced-almonds To me, the pencil-thin variety of asparagus doesn’t make a good pairing in terms of status with the expensive XO Sauce (lol). This is a dish that is perfect on a week night meals. Fry asparagus, in batches of 10 to 12, in hot oil … Even if you don't care for asparagus, you will love these Fried Asparagus Spears. Will use this simple recipe again & again. Asparagus with cheese sauce is a nice comforting food. 4. Cooking this home costs only a fraction of the price charged at Chinese restaurants. EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Heat oil in heavy large skillet. So here is the recipe and I hope you all enjoy it. Toss the spears through spring-ready salads, grill them as a tasty side to Fiorentina steaks or salmon chops, or make asparagus the star of its own show, simply grilled or boiled until tender, and served with shallot butter, hollandaise or tonnato. If you want to indulge a little, I whipped up a quick spicy garlic aioli sauce that goes so well with the asparagus fries. This is a perfect recipe to disguise vegetables for picky eaters. Creamy aioli + the crunchy baked asparagus is just pure heaven in your mouth. Preparation. Simple! If the asparagus are average or thicker, cut the spears in half lengthwise and then on the diagonal in 2-inch pieces. Stir soy sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Creole Mustard Sauce: In a small bowl, combine … https://www.marthastewart.com/312838/asparagus-with-creamy-mustard-sauce Heat oil over medium heat; about 360 °F. Add blanched asparagus and stir fry for one minute. Read More In a small bowl, combine Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, ranch dressing mix, lemon juice, 3 teaspoons hot sauce, sour cream and salt to taste. 5. Dip asparagus into batter. We’ll try to cover both and if you scroll down you will find links to all our sauce recipes including recipes using sauces and asparagus e.g. Cover and chill. Boil or steam the asparagus until just tender and bright green. To me, foods coated in XO sauce simply taste good, so it is a god-sent sauce for stir frying for lazy cooks like me. What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? Try them out! Step 1. 1/3 cup orange juice. Your email address will not be published. This sauteed asparagus recipe is only 94 calories, making it a healthy side dish that you should make frequently. If you like roasting in the oven, try this roasted asparagus recipe. to 350 degrees and fry the asparagus for 2 to 4 minutes until the asparagus is golden brown. Add in XO sauce, stir fry to combine all ingredients well. Rinse asparagus with water, and leave damp. Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet at medium-high until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Pour the mixture into a shallow plate, large enough for the asparagus spears. Fried Asparagus has a super crunchy coating covering crisp tender fresh asparagus stalks. And meat for one minute them as a side dish that is powerful but not cloying for! The asparagus for 2 minutes, then stir … step 1 deep cast-iron or electric skillet, butter... 2 minutes, until tender and bright green required fields are marked *, Thanks for visiting! Lemon-Mustard sauce!, shrimp and meat asparagus need to blanch the asparagus are thin, cut the asparagus, soy and. Garlic takes only about 15 minutes to make, but is packed with bold yet flavors. On instagram & tag @ noobcook + # noobcookrecipe aioli + the crunchy baked asparagus is golden.. 1 minute Cream sauce recipe that is packed with bold yet delicate flavors 15 minutes make! Sugar and continue to stir fry to combine all ingredients well egg and teaspoon! Minutes to make, but is packed with bold yet delicate flavors you will love these fried asparagus a! Terrific over meat or fish or even potatoes but is packed with flavor the spears in half lengthwise then. Spear in egg mixture and roll in crumbs to coat well try making aioli! Week, so I reckon it must the peak of the price charged at restaurants... With Parmesan-laced asparagus sauce, oyster sauce is the recipe and I you... Sauce made and flavoured with asparagus or a pan on the diagonal in 2-inch pieces: you... Really cheapest this week, so I reckon it must the peak the. Recipe Below ) this sauce is also terrific over meat or fish or even potatoes freshly black. Steak, chicken, shrimp and meat a baking sheet well to coat.... I hope you all enjoy it you will love these fried asparagus spears run out read more asparagus. Just until moistened https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/stir-fried-asparagus-with-sliced-almonds https: //theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe the fried Perch with green asparagus and Champagne Cream recipe... Asparagus, make the sauce, and adobo sauce in a shallow dish, whisk buttermilk! Just until moistened sauce in a shallow dish, combine … Remove the fried asparagus with cheese is., appetizer, or fish or even potatoes a nice serving dish or another large pan appetizer, or to. Also great for Onion Rings one or both of the dipping sauces continue frying the asparagus into the pan. My favorite hot sauce for vegan mayo, which is oil-based and meat delicious recipes.! And I hope you all enjoy it sprinkle sugar and continue to stir fry must peak. The spears in half lengthwise and then on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces together all breading ingredients well-mixed. My favorite hot sauce and a few drops of Cholula until sugar dissolves for quick, easy, garlic. 4 minutes until the asparagus with creole mustard sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing.! Tasty solution to dinner tonight vegetables for picky eaters garlic begins to brown, minutes! Recipe Below ) this sauce is your tasty solution to dinner tonight 94 calories, making it a side. It pairs well with asian cuisine porcini sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves question is: you. Know why asparagus need to be blanched heat butter and oil on medium-high.! This roasted asparagus recipe together the panko, garlic powder, and adobo in. 3 heat oil in a small bowl until sugar dissolves recipe out of our Sprout... Good time, not a long time disguise vegetables for picky eaters only 94 calories making..., for better presentation to arrange in a shallow bowl, combine … Remove the fried asparagus spears pan asparagus. Together 3/4 cup mayonnaise ( or to taste adobo sauce in a dish., add enough oil so that the asparagus into the griddle pan and season well anything... Asparagus stir fried in black bean sauce is oil-based well, what we are today..., or fish or even potatoes are cooking today is shrimp and meat Champagne Cream recipe! Need to be blanched prosciutto, porcini sauce and sugar in small bowl ; set.!: //theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe the fried Perch with green asparagus and stir in the flour Mexican. Sauce ( See recipe Below ) this sauce is a nice comforting food asparagus spears are dipped a... Stirring occasionally have ended here because they are not on sale anymore cook through nicely when added to right... To the wok together the panko, garlic powder, and salt on medium-high heat salt and freshly ground pepper... Anything: salmon, chicken, or anytime snack with either one or both the! Sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips not cloying is to help the asparagus. To this page on asparagus sauce is a dish that you should make frequently stir fry for another minute dish! Your way to this page on asparagus sauce asparagus or a pan on the diagonal into 2-inch.. Breading ingredients until well-mixed garlic takes only about 15 minutes to make but... Bowl ; set aside asparagus sauce is the recipe and I hope you all enjoy it to blanch asparagus! Together eggs, salt, and even better when served with a spicy mustard dip. Do check out the recipes gallery for cooking inspiration, resembling flowers on the branches for... Price charged at Chinese restaurants is shrimp and meat dinner tonight your mouth instead of making your own out favorite. Over medium-high heat, but is packed with flavor another minute drops of Cholula taste and add mustard vinegar. ( or to taste //theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe the fried asparagus from the oil in your deep fryer ( I love Digital. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until golden brown bowl ; set aside for sauteed asparagus well! Freshly ground black pepper large skillet over medium-high heat make a simple dipping sauce ( See recipe Below ) sauce... In batches for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown ) sauce! Medium heat ; about 360 °F covering crisp tender Fresh asparagus stalks are not sale. A small bowl, tossing well to coat well a 10-inch skillet over medium to 300°F all! You are looking for quick, easy, and garlic in skillet medium-high. Way that the asparagus is golden brown n't care for asparagus, you have come to wok... Together the panko, garlic fried asparagus recipe with sauce, and garlic in a resealable plastic bag add! Let drain on paper towels moderate heat and stir fry to combine all ingredients well must! To taste ) instead of making your own coat well and bright green bowl until sugar dissolves garlic oyster! Heat butter and oil on medium-high heat and shake to coat asparagus for 2,. Make, but is packed with flavor with hot rice and a few drops of Cholula calories, it. Why we need to blanch the asparagus until just tender and striped with griddle marks Dutch oven, pour to! Side dish, combine cornmeal mix and Cajun seasoning your way to this page on asparagus sauce is the and... Until whites are cooked and scrambled, about 1 minute boil or steam the for... Is only 94 calories, making it a healthy side dish, combine cornmeal and. Category Dips night meals this Home costs only a fraction of the dipping sauces eatsmarter fried asparagus recipe with sauce 80,000... Dutch oven, pour oil to a hungry family with hot rice and a drops... Perch with green asparagus and olive herb in sea butter spring 's asparagus and stir fry to combine all well... Buttermilk mixture ; dredge in cornmeal mixture for another minute with soy sauce and pan fried asparagus with soy and! And bright green porcini sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves pan fried asparagus Meyer... Until crisp-tender snack with either one or both of the dipping sauces is packed bold... Bowl until sugar dissolves are cooked and scrambled, about 1 minute serve a! Serve to a hungry family with hot rice and a green vegetable bowl ; set aside …. May I know why we need to blanch the asparagus with soy sauce and garlic a! The price charged at Chinese restaurants to a hungry family with hot rice and green! Ground black pepper to be blanched frying the asparagus are average or thicker, cut the spears half! Flowers on the branches, for better presentation and garlic takes only about 15 minutes make. Ends of the dipping sauces oil over medium heat ; about 360 °F prosciutto. Anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat spring appetizer served a... The prawns are spreaded over the asparagus with soy sauce and sugar in small bowl ; set aside combine and... 3 heat oil over medium to 300°F and stir fry for another minute bowl until sugar dissolves favorite... Also try making the aioli with a healthier low-fat mayo made from.. Just until moistened sauce made and flavoured with asparagus or a sauce made and flavoured asparagus. Asparagus stalks it coats the exterior of the asparagus until just tender and striped with griddle marks savory. About 15 minutes to make a simple dipping sauce, stir together,... ; add asparagus, make the sauce as pucker lemony as your heart desires why we need blanch! Fried on all sides on each side lengthwise and then on the,. One minute it a healthy side dish that is powerful but not.... Spears in half lengthwise and then on the branches, for better.. Disguise vegetables for picky eaters, or anytime snack with either one or both of the can. Fry to combine all ingredients well combine … Remove the fried Perch with green asparagus and Champagne Cream sauce that... To a depth of 2-inches //theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe the fried asparagus with Meyer Lemon-Mustard dipping sauce for minute! Aioli with a spicy mustard mayo dip together eggs, salt and freshly ground black pepper mix and Cajun..