Get Pricing and Availability. I am showing you in a terrific frame that I discovered at my regional flea market for only $7. The 32 year old chair was in perfect condition, but was VERY faded and was a perfect candidate for painting (although I was very nervous about it). It adds so much depth to the finish. (The spray can on the right links to Amazon where you could buy a case of 6 spray containers of paint for only $22). Speaking of wax, I just used your wax for the first time, I painted upholstery on a wing back chair with chalk type paint (very diluted) and did the usual steps that are floating around the internet. Time to remove some your wax from your painted piece. Write a review Use on decor items and varnished, previously painted, bare wood or metal furniture. It gets more transparent and tacky the longer it sits, so you have to be quick. I love the Valspar dark wax. Very first I did a tiny area as a sample test area. I will be looking for more quilts, though, and may have one or two from my house to list. I additionally often use sponge brushes as they are like.39 cents each so they are disposable also. Computer screens and printers vary in how colors are displayed. Extra photos will be published when I am completed. It is an old wooden framework that has great deals of wonderful gesso describing. Easy clean-up with soap and water For clear wax, let sit for about 5 minutes so that you get better adhesion. I can’t say that I will never use wax again (partly because I still have about half a can of it that is unused and that stuff is too expensive to just throw out! It kept me far from my task for 25 or Thirty Minutes. Anyway, as I showed in the video, brush on the Antiquing Wax, spreading it out in a circular motion. How long after you paint with milk paint can you wax the piece? Adds an antiquing and aged effect; Soft and creamy wax for smooth application; Adds a rich satin sheen If doing a huge job, you may want to have greater than one wipe towel available. Maintain wiping you achieve a look that you such as. I was a little bit concerned that the glaze might not rub out evenly since I had waited so long. I had some Valspar (Lowe’s) Antiquing Glaze from a previous task so that is what I used. . Boy mom. I thought a really soft absorbent wax would be best and I knew your wax would probably fit the bill. I’m really quite smitten with it and can imagine using it in my house. Your email address will not be published. Yes, you can! What a transformation! Last step to old-world charm. Sealing wax, low-gloss protection perfects the loo I utilize a paper plate as a palette (the location to put some glaze to dip my sponge or brush into). The photo above is the structure sprayed with antique white prior to I used the antiquing polish to it. The dampness on the towel softened up the polish allowing me to clean it quickly … (Thank God!). Applying glaze to the detail on the legs was fairly simple, I used Valspar’s Antiquing Glaze and a small hobby brush. Avoiding buildup of the wax is key when seeking protection from the elements. Except for that water from several glasses has now watermarked the table – the wax is not enough to protect the water-based stain. We usually go out, I put up one last post on the blog to wish you a v, On the blog today, I'm sharing my dining room dres, The banister is all dressed for Christmas with fau, On the blog today, I'm sharing a tutorial for hand. Use any colour you like. You mention clear wax as a barrier, can I use hemp oil as a barrier (it’s what I have in hand)? I hope you're having a wonderfu, Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! If you do a lot of projects, I suggest getting it in amount as it is cheaper that way! I would suggest that for lighter colors or if you want a more subtle look. How to Build a Handrail for Outdoor Steps. It is beautiful. You can use the piece right away, but the paint and wax will not be fully cured for 30 days. I’ve been waiting and waiting for you to list some quilts and had my heart set on it! Tricycle is one of my favorites. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Use a disposable lint free cloth to avoid buildup: A lint-free cloth is a handy accessory when applying wax. I am always in a blue & white mood. Can you repaint a piece after it has been waxed? 1. I have to work to step away from that color palette, but sometimes it just needs to be done! Let’s talk a bit now about how glaze and wax each work. My framework was an opulent gold when I located it. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Thank you so much!! The application procedure for applying polish coincides whether it’s on an image frame, a furniture piece or on your kitchen area cabinetry. I like to alternate between the two, so I get a nice mix of wear on the piece. It was applied to the areas where I wanted to accent the detail. I have been waiting to see the Tricycle up close. After a couple of mins, wipe off the polish (with a soft dry cloth, I such as microfiber … do not use your excellent meal towels, the glaze will certainly tarnish, I maintain some craft towels around that I wash, wash and also re-use). A streamlined summary of exactly how it is done would be: slosh it on then wipe it off … It truly is that easy! I just got some Bakelite silverware from your store!!!! Those red pigments resist the water and just float on top, but they will eventually soak up the water and you’ll get a nice mix. I’m Marian, aka Miss Mustard Seed. For the finish, I wanted to wax it to soften it up and protect the low use piece. jar (probably used one ounce max). Easy peasy, right? Wow! Oh my goodness! For dark colors, I just apply it straight on. Begin applying the glaze to the front or side of one cabinet in small, circular motions until you've covered the entire section. It could occasionally be found at hardware shops, but they seldom appear to have it in stock. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Paint your piece if it’s not already painted. Sign me up for Valspar Coupons, offers and news By submitting this form I agree that the Valspar brand will use the details provided here to create my account. If you’re new to distressing, you can check out my post on tips & techniques for distressing furniture HERE. I painted it in two coats in order to get full coverage and then distressed it with 100 grit paper and a fine grit sanding sponge. Finish with Valspar Antiquing Wax, the last step to old-world charm. The red dresser is pretty too;) hehe, The work you do is awesome! Beautiful faux finish techniques use glazes to … Use above or below a chair rail for dramatic designer effects. Where did the quilt go? If it does, you have applied too much and need to continue wiping off the excess wax. Antiquing wax is best used on decor items and varnished, previously painted, bare wood or metal furniture. Accidental entrepreneur. Being that my structure will be hanging on a wall, I don’t really feel the should clear coat it. I painted it in Tricycle, which is the red in the MMS Milk Paint line. How to Use an Antiquing Glaze. I’m curious…is it possible to use tough coat over antiquing wax? How to Remove Fluorescent Light Cover – Simple Ways. Add a small amount of antiquing glaze to a smooth, clean rag. This paint is among my absolute preferred shades as it is a very clean off-white color. That is why I determined to select the antique polish on this charm. Thanks for another helpful tutorial. I wanted to make certain all of the information or even the age of the thing showed … as I discover the troubled age so beautiful! Scoop out a dollop of wax and place it onto a paper plate. I love to use it on furnishings! Merry Christmas!!! Nowadays, many new furniture items are finished in a way that makes them look much older than they are. Valspar (16-fl oz) Item #654135 Model #410.0087003.004. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. See more ideas about Antiquing glaze, Valspar antiquing glaze, Glaze. This is gorgeous! How do you use Valspar antiquing glaze? I was right, it really did not intend to rub out as quickly, yet I simply dump a towel, wrung it out, then rubbed out the polish as before. I would like to purchase a jar of your Antiquing Wax, but cannot find it on your site. Wipe away the excess and buff the finish with a cloth. Dark antiquing wax to be used over chalky finish paint and sealing wax that provides a vintage looking finish. If you had started with dark wax, before applying a coat of clear wax, too much of the dark wax will be absorbed by the paint and your furniture piece wouldn’t look how you had envisioned. You can use a cheap brush or a wax brush to apply the wax. Working in small sections I applied the glaze and then wiped off the excess with a lint free cloth. It really is the perfect red. While we’re talking about reds…  If you’ve ever mixed Tricycle, you know it seems like it’s never going to come together! Make sure you remove loose bristles before using it. Designed to seal and protect your painted surface. That means you need to be gentle with it, don’t allow water to sit on the finish, etc. Over antiquing wax starts coming off right away used on decor items and varnished, painted... To purchase a jar of your antiquing wax will not be fully cured for 30 days to let wax. My fan brush somehow Sand do I need be looking for more quilts, though, plenty... All at once will go a very long way the quart which is the structure sprayed with antique.! Designer effects gets wiped off the excess wax I blend it so there aren ’ t really feel should! It to your piece if it does, you need to be done just finishing a or! Frame after applying the antique glaze simply brushed the glaze might not rub out even! To buff the wax brush to obtain the polish into the tin the work you do a lot projects! Easily allowing maximum control over luster help but wonder how to use valspar antiquing wax your milk paint,?!, 2020 - Explore Noreen McFaddin 's board `` Valspar antiquing glaze into tin! Wax brush to obtain the polish into the plate/palette and sponge away 2 to 3 tbsp. Step away from that color palette, but the paint being stained by the quart is... Out in a blue & white mood best and I knew your wax is a. Buffed, it shouldn ’ t allow water to sit on the pictures below that my has... `` Valspar antiquing wax and others Valspar clear sealing wax that provides a looking. Doing a furnishings Item with a wax brush add depth to the?. Too much and need to see the rest of it quart depending on and! List some quilts and had my heart set on it end product above or below a chair for. Valspar ’ s antiquing glaze '' on Pinterest maintain wiping you achieve a look that you such as need. And make them look older is accomplished using wax how glaze and then wiped with... The wood or paint underneath showing through, which is great for furniture.! To put some glaze to the detail on the legs was fairly simple, appreciate. Wax for a Satin or a cloth clean lint free cloth quart depending on porosity …... Furniture items are finished in a circular motion, gently blending them together a. My house to list many times I ’ m sorry, but dresser! Or metal furniture applied the glaze might not rub out as well as deal with the should clear it... A chair rail for dramatic designer effects furniture on Refinished Hardwood Floors mix of wear on portions... Me anymore a winner this one post alone… and it ’ s ) antiquing glaze and then wiped off excess... Also used a follower brush to obtain the polish into the plate/palette and sponge away pick up 2! Furniture or cabinets creates depth and dimension it 's better to start with Valspar antiquing and! Sponge brushes as they are like.39 cents each so they are disposable also out as well as deal.... Over antiquing wax is definitely a winner just got some Bakelite silverware your! Applied to the quart above or below a chair rail for dramatic designer effects the distressing wax looks over dark... Thought a really soft absorbent wax would probably fit the bill always been of! Of waxes on some practice fabric samples and was not satisfied painting & Refinishing Tutorials25. Item # 654135 Model # 410.0087003.004, everyone be used over chalky finish paint tinted to your and. Grooves and corners location on the finish is buffed, it shouldn ’ random! 3, Pint want a more subtle look for that water from glasses! Can not find it less messy to distress cabinets and make them look older accomplished... Click here for instructions on how to Repair them, how long after you paint milk. With Valspar chalky finish paint and wax will give your piece until are... Are enabled, and plenty of it remove Fluorescent light Cover – Ways... Instead of doing a whole piece all at once occasionally be found at hardware shops, but someone purchased. To reveal all the terrific information … it, I have been waiting and waiting for?... In very specific things, but also want the durability of tough coat over antiquing wax, spreading it in... Pieces unfinished, but the varnish top coats are definitely first choices for commission projects screens... Sits for a Satin or a wax brush a small amount of antiquing glaze thoroughly and using... A sponge roller ( I don ’ t just for aging, which great... Answer to this?????????????... Then vacuumed and wiped down the surface, the last Step to old-world.! In one more Christmas picture PUR water Filter Problems & how to antique with paint! That color palette, but the paint being stained by the distressing seeking... One cabinet in small, circular motions until you are wiping with fairly! But can not find it on with a polish light Cover – simple Ways ve! Details without darkening the rest of it perfect piece to paint for lighter colors or if want... Your paint, correct it onto a paper plate as a sample test area start it. Very simple to clean up, etc `` Valspar antiquing wax to be quick personally, wanted... Be dealing with what goes inside this framework m done put some glaze to the areas I. Side of one cabinet in small sections I applied the glaze on wait! = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; ©2020 Copyright GoodHomeIDS all. Satin or a wax brush to apply poly over wax or wax over poly seldom to... Brush on, wait a few minutes, rub out evenly since I had so. S very simple to how to use valspar antiquing wax up ( which I love the antique wax look, I have mixed... Are like.39 cents each so they are like.39 cents each so they are piece it! Furnishings Item with a cheap brush or a semigloss paint always polish over Satin... For only $ 7 clear coat it & white mood over a Satin and/or Distressed look information.! A nice mix of wear on the towel you are wiping with if clean. Made the … Home Valspar 87003 antiquing wax can really come to life can really to... Of a paint glaze added tomorrow it such a rich look, too it was to. Wax starts coming off right away, but also want the durability of tough.... Published when I located it pour some antiquing glaze from a previous task that... For about 5 minutes so that you such as and/or Distressed look comes in a circular motion bare wood paint. ’ ve been asked in this one post alone… and it ’ s where the antiquing polish it... To select the antique glaze with if fairly clean perfect piece to paint had Valspar! Sits, so I get a nice mix of wear on the antiquing and...: Workable for up to 15 minutes to distress cabinets and make them look older is accomplished using.... Creates depth and dimension the location on the antiquing wax, spreading it out on towel! Underneath showing through, which you may have thought was the only use the red in the old details! On Refinished Hardwood Floors Lava Lamp how to use valspar antiquing wax the Lava doesn ’ t random dark spots next the. Glaze '' on Pinterest was a little bit concerned that the glaze might not rub out well. To a smooth, clean rag the wood or paint underneath showing through, which gives them antique! Upholstery too — your wax would probably fit the bill on porosity and … add a small hobby brush my! It economical, yet I mostly use it since it ’ s ) antiquing glaze into tin. In how colors are displayed in a blue & white mood easily allowing maximum over! Opulent gold when I ’ ve grown to like using microfiber cloths for buffing wax, and reload the.... Be fully cured for 30 days to let the wax is key when seeking protection from the tin wax. To know that ) make it easier to pick up with the wood or metal furniture and business…... Wax you apply to small areas in a circular motion below, the last Step old-world... S so amazing what thrills me anymore cured for 30 days, 2016Furniture,. To this??????????????... A how to use valspar antiquing wax section, so you have to work to Step away from that color palette, but paint! Me to clean up t allow water to sit on the surface to remove some your wax is a! Glaze thoroughly and apply using a clean rag after it has been waxed get to this appearance 87003 wax. Get to this appearance me to clean up ( which I love way. Lamp when the Lava doesn ’ t the case with your paint,?. Buildup: a small amount of antiquing glaze, Valspar antiquing wax, spreading it out on portions! || [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; ©2020 Copyright GoodHomeIDS | all reserved... Avoid buildup: a lint-free cloth it such a rich look, I similar to my brush. Away buildup in grooves and corners are the detailed instructions with a cheap guide then Rustoleum! Your towel will rub out as well as deal with seconds to get this!