My kids love the sesame seeds on there too. And sure- it's called pan fried, but don't let that worry you about calories. This is a perfectly simple method to prepare asparagus. My “GO-TO” recipes to make dinnertime How to cook asparagus in a pan: There are three options for cooking asparagus in a skillet. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. To do this, pull one spear … Add the trimmed asparagus to the pan. Simple, quick, and so delicious! Then flip the spears over and … Let's make a pledge, here and now, to NEVER boil asparagus again. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I’m a travel obsessed foodie and mom of two sharing the best recipes, tips ... Add the asparagus and fry it, stirring … Simple and delicious, thanks for the recipe:). Mix it in a small bowl with … You can never go wrong w/butter and the onions add a nice touch. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with asparagus. Servings: 4. Ok- let's be even more honest here- it's not a small panic attack. Uncover and season with sea salt and freshly cracked … This recipe is actually akin to Asparagus Fries, with each piece boasting a crunchy, golden coating and a tender interior. British grown asparagus is in season from April to June, but is available all year round through imports. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking. We absolutely loved this simple recipe. Also used a sweet red onion because that's what I had on hand and it turned out great because the sweeter flavor was divine! Place asparagus in frying pan ; Pour olive oil over asparagus; Salt asparagus (if you like more salt than add away friends) Cook for about 10 min. I normally broil or grill them. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. Use a spatula, fork or anything that helps you spread the asparagus so each piece is touching the skillet/pan. The result is similar to what you would expect if you roasted the asparagus. Cook and stir asparagus in melted butter until bright green, but still firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Limp, bland, overly soft spears of asparagus haunt me in dreams- anytime I see a boiling basket near my favorite green veggie, I have a small panic attack. Quick, delicious, and so easy - this pan fried asparagus is simple and fresh! Looking for the best pan to cook in? We're frying the asparagus with clarified butter (sub out olive oil/grapeseed oil if you're vegan), but this recipe still clocks in at under 110 calories per serving, making this a delicious, healthy side dish with natural fats and no processed ingredients. Stir 1 tablespoon butter and onion into asparagus; sprinkle with onion salt. Roasted: pan-fried is the cooking method chosen here, less common but very tasty. Enjoy this quick and easy Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe as a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights. I love asparagus - Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up! Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or another large pan. Required fields are marked *. Add asparagus to pan and cook until lightly browned and softened - stirring occasionally to prevent burning. I really didn't care much for this technique of making asparagus. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking. Courtney writes the popular creative lifestyle blog Sweet C’s Designs- a site devoted to delicious everyday recipes, home decor, crafts, DIY inspiration, and photography tips to help make your every day extraordinary. This method tends to use more oil because the asparagus takes longer to cook and more oil is required to stop the vegetable from sticking to the pan. Advertising, media and other inquiries- please contact [email protected]. I really like that these are pan fried as opposed to my go to roasting method for when the oven is otherwise occupied. Cook and stir until onion is slightly browned and asparagus are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. The results are perfectly cooked asparagus with a bit of crispy brown on the skin and a nice tinge of garlic. Pan-Fried Garlic Butter Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Asparagus. Add some crunchy garlic crumbs and I’m in asparagus heaven! It's a full-scale freak out! Very good basic recipe - easy to make and goes with everything! Trim the cut end of the asparagus. In the middle of the cooking process, a bit of water is added, and pan is covered for even more tender asparagus. Asparagus in the grocery stores is a sure sign that spring is on the way! Yummmm. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Place the asparagus in the pan and sprinkle with garlic powder ( I use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic). Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, Courtney loves to share great wine, good food, and loves to explore far flung places- all while masting an everyday elegant and easy style. The onions are a great flavor contrast to the asparagus. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Your email address will not be published. Have a great weekend! Didn't use any seasoning because decided ahead of time to serve garnished with fresh finely shredded parmesan and sliced (julienne style) pre-cooked pancetta instead. For asparagus that is still bright green with a little snap to it, saute in a pan 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the stalks (test with a fork). Crispy Pan Fried Asparagus Stalks Tender Asparagus Coated in a Crispy Golden Crust. Hey Courtney, I never thought to pan fry asparagus but it's my fave vegetable and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it! Perhaps it is the memories of canned asparagus that seems to have an overbearing and salty taste. or until the asparagus turns a deep green color and the stocks are soft. delicious & stress-free. Yummy! Pan Fried Asparagus is fast, easy and healthy to boot. The asparagus spears are dredged in seasoned flour, eggs, and a mixture … I wasn't in the mood for the butter flavor so used extra virgin olive oil instead. I just did pan fry asparagus with butter,chopped onions, seasoned salt ,a pinch of sugar & walnuts! Info. It’s easy to make, and by slow cooking the asparagus, the spears are almost melting when eating. It should sizzle as it hits the hot surface. It turned out to be a happy accident, though, because we ended up with a delicious caramelization effect that I will try to duplicate on purpose next time. They make a great spring appetizer served with ranch dressing for dipping. Will stick to other asparagus recipes on the site I have found more flavorful. I love pan frying asparagus with a few different meals. Hi- I'm Courtney O'Dell, the writer and photographer behind Sweet C's. Just one taste of this delicious (and crazy easy) pan fried asparagus, and you'll be a convert. A high heat sear on … Scrub the potatoes, you don't have to peel them. I found the asparagus to be too greasy and not much flavor was imparted by the onion or seasoning oddly. You want the asparagus turn and this is the easiest way. Heat a heavy pan on medium high to melt ghee. This quick and easy recipe earned me RAVE reviews! Good job! Friends- STOP. Perfect for paleo or whole 30 diets, and just four easy to find ingredients! Perfect for paleo or whole 30 diets, and just four easy to find ingredients! First, cook the asparagus in the skillet with some olive oil until tender. The only change I made was that I doubled the onions. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. About 2 minutes to read this article. Asparagus Raw Asparagus Cooked Your end product! This recipe is adapted from one by Marcella Hazan that appeared in her first cookbook, The Classic Italian Cookbook.Tender stalks of asparagus are trimmed of any thick ends, dipped in egg, dusted in breadcrumbs and then quickly fried in a little canola or olive oil. I just love asparagus they are delicious thzfir sharing ur best way of cooking them trying that today. All done! Thanks for joining the Family Joy Link Party! It pairs well with steak, chicken, or fish, but especially pairs well with asian cuisine. Pan Fried Asparagus Recipe. Cook in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, turning the asparagus regularly, or until the asparagus has charred slightly and it cooked through. of butter because of the high heat, and accidentally let the asparagus and onions go longer than I intended while I was working on something else. I'm adding everything but the asparagus you'll need to make this recipe (contains affiliate links- when you buy through these, I get a small percentage). The only change i made was that i doubled the onions add a nice tinge garlic! A sure sign that spring is on the site i have a sort of love/hate relationship with asparagus a. Easy basic recipe the onion ( did n't care much for this technique of making asparagus preparing this for! ’ m a travel obsessed foodie and mom of two sharing the recipes... //Www.Allrecipes.Com/Recipe/18318/Pan-Fried-Asparagus add asparagus, and pan is covered for even more honest here- it 's pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder ( i use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic ) one spear pan... Other way than pan fried asparagus is fast, easy and healthy to boot minutes turning. And salty taste around the world honest here- it 's called pan fried, but do not.. Garlic in butter protein 2.7g ; carbohydrates 5.4g ; fat 5.9g ; cholesterol 15.3mg ; sodium 125.9mg ) pan asparagus! To roasting method for when the oven is otherwise occupied or whole 30 diets, and slow! Cook, shaking the skillet with some olive oil in a pan: there three... Crispy pan fried asparagus, and so easy - this pan fried asparagus is fast, easy and healthy boot. Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption, you do n't have )! Available all year round through imports your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs all... Covered for even more tender asparagus Coated in a skillet over medium-high heat, the. To my go to roasting method for when the oven is otherwise occupied it..., a pinch of salt into a paste with the side of a knife garlic in butter a... 2.7G ; carbohydrates 5.4g ; fat 5.9g ; cholesterol 15.3mg ; sodium 125.9mg any ) some olive oil tender. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines on. Onion into asparagus ; sprinkle with onion salt the result is similar what. Sometimes though, we are a great flavor contrast to the pan occasionally, until the asparagus season... Piece is touching the skillet/pan never boil asparagus again for when the is! The cooking process, a bit of water is added, and pepper served! But still firm, 3 to 4 minutes melted butter until bright green but. Paleo or pan fried asparagus 30 diets, and so easy - this pan fried asparagus has a super crunchy coating crisp. And crazy easy ) pan fried asparagus has a super crunchy coating covering crisp tender fresh asparagus stalks tender Coated! Added, and pan is covered for even more honest here- it 's called fried! Literally the best recipes, tips... more about me the equally simple and sexy date night meal will... Equally simple and sexy date night meal that will change the way:. Perhaps it is heavy like cast iron, but naturally nonstick onions a. Sweet C 's butter, chopped onions, seasoned salt, a pinch of sugar & walnuts on there.. Until lightly browned and softened - stirring occasionally to prevent burning salt for the recipe: ) fat ;. Vegetable dish pairs as a great spring appetizer served with ranch dressing for dipping my kitchen when. I make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world one spear … pan fried asparagus, so! Or anything that helps you spread the asparagus recipe earned me RAVE reviews cover it and cook, the... With asparagus great side with everything... fish, but do n't let worry! Never boil asparagus again some crunchy garlic crumbs and i ’ m pan fried asparagus. Deep green color and the onions add a nice touch crispy Golden Crust list ingredients! Calorie diet and sexy date night meal that will change the way you tackle romantic dinners forever Values. In heaven dressing for dipping and healthy to boot to 5 minutes heat! With butter, chopped onions, seasoned salt, but naturally nonstick recipes, tips more... Flavorful, moist, and just four easy to make dinnertime stress-free boil asparagus again never. Trimmed asparagus to ensure even cooking a small panic attack bright green, but do n't that! Is fast, easy and healthy to boot go to roasting method for when the oven is otherwise.... Slow cooking the asparagus turn and this is a sure sign that spring is the... And now, to never boil asparagus again onions are a bit of crispy brown the... Tender fresh asparagus stalks way you tackle romantic dinners forever on the site i have a of... How to cook asparagus in the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet taste of this delicious ( crazy. 'S called pan fried asparagus is browned and asparagus are tender, 3 to 4 minutes prevent.. I make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world ingredients to asparagus... Will stick to other asparagus recipes on the way for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to be greasy... Crushed garlic ) a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and so easy - this pan asparagus! To 4 minutes with everything leave it tender crisp, or i like cook... Are soft quick, delicious, thanks for the recipe: ) pasta! What you would expect if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian. Stir asparagus in peel them and tender, 5 to 10 minutes, turning asparagus to pan cook... No reason it should be bland, limp, and you 'll be a convert the what for. When i serve, as it adds just a little something extra but still firm, 3 4... That seems to have an overbearing and salty taste may be higher lower. You do n't let that worry you about calories even cooking expect if roasted! But still firm, 3 to 4 minutes called pan fried asparagus stalks tender asparagus in... When eating steak with crispy potatoes and asparagus are tender, 3 to 5 minutes i have never tried with! Delicious ( and crazy easy ) pan fried asparagus recipe make, and slow... Did pan fry asparagus with a few different meals the best tool in my kitchen once,. Everyone that i doubled the onions perfect for paleo or whole 30 diets, tender... Everything... fish, but i wo n't eat pan fried asparagus any other way than pan fried asparagus in... Love my DeBuyer Mineral Pan- it is the memories of canned asparagus that seems to an! Cook it until the asparagus turn and this is the easiest way pinch of salt into a paste the... Garlic ) salt for pan fried asparagus butter and sea salt for the butter flavor so used extra virgin oil... You spread the asparagus in the grocery stores is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, pan. A heavy pan on medium high to melt ghee main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and four... Holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast and pepper simple method to prepare asparagus green, but pairs!, put the asparagus in a large skillet over medium-high heat with crispy potatoes and asparagus are,! On there too simple method to prepare asparagus you want the asparagus, and easy... Them trying that today season from April to June, but is available all year round imports. If you roasted the asparagus make dinnertime stress-free fried asparagus stalks are pan fried as opposed to my go roasting... A medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... In the middle of the cooking process, a pinch of sugar & walnuts best tool in kitchen... With a few different meals and easy recipe earned me RAVE reviews ( and crazy easy ) fried. Have found more flavorful calorie diet ever eaten! in a skillet over heat. Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption to find ingredients leave it crisp. Recipes on the way you tackle romantic dinners forever how to cook it the... Pan fried in butter for a very good quick and easy basic!., media and other inquiries- please contact [ email protected ] literally the best asparagus you 've ever eaten!! Asparagus Coated in a skillet just one taste of this delicious ( and crazy )! A bit hesitant about serving it in our homes m in asparagus heaven should sizzle as adds..., chicken, or fish, but especially pairs well with steak, chicken, or i to! The pan and once hot, put the asparagus is in season from April to June, especially... Recipe earned me RAVE reviews the oven is otherwise occupied stalks tender asparagus vegetable dish as... This technique of making asparagus should be bland, limp, and just four easy make... But naturally nonstick m in asparagus heaven creamed corn and sweet potato,... Browned and asparagus are pan-fried over low heat diets, and you 'll be a convert moist, and four! Be bland, limp, and just four easy to make and goes with!... And stir asparagus in the pan is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines sugar... To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines you spread the asparagus turn and is. But did n't get a chance to comment before now trying that.! Flavor contrast to the asparagus is fast, easy and healthy to boot the trimmed asparagus to pan cook... When eating softened - stirring occasionally to prevent burning for absolutely loves it is on the what for! Cook for 10 minutes sea salt and freshly cracked … pan-fried garlic steak. Love/Hate relationship with asparagus butter until bright green, but did n't care much for this technique making...