Great reel for well under a hundred bucks! In fact -- I caught quite a few Northern Pike, one was 26.5"! The only thing that is different on this one vs my other pflueger reels (granted all other are the president XT different sizes) is that when you open spin the spool it only rotates 1.5 to 2 times. Switching brands — I would have to say go and take a look at the Shimano Stradic FK with the Hagane body and gears that has a very similar price point. I spool it with 30 pound power pro and catch snook and redfish in the 20 pound class with ease, and huge jacks from time to time, and it has is still as smooth as the day I bought it. Extremely pleased. This provides it with much needed durability. Pflueger President XT 6725 Light Spinning Reel with Xtra Spool. Product #178-2247-0. 2.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating | 52 answered questions Currently unavailable. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Just bought two of these XTSP40 reels to replace my older Shimano's after doing a LOT of research, and talking with guys on the rivers who have them, including several guides who work here in WA and in AK. Great reel that will last years if you take care of your equipment, an excellent addition to the kit. Pflueger products are world famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail. Read the full review of the Pflueger Supreme XT HERE. Here are some of its features worth highlighting. Do you have a question about the Pflueger President XT … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU6y7tYBfEc, Snakes in a Minnow trap + Bass fishing in the rain-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3x3A_63ANI, -~-~~-~~~-~~-~- Hi there! Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2019. Pflueger continues to combine pride in craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a line of superior fishing products. The Supreme XT is equally good for both freshwater and saltwater fishing if you are looking for a mid-sized quality fishing reel. For all types of fishing, these reels provide the total package of lightweight power and silky smooth gear feel. That being said the original President is an outstanding value as well. What’s interesting is that the sensitivity of the fishing reel is related to its weight. Because of this reels performance I ordered/and received a PRESXTSP40 to put on a Muskie pole! Pontoon Boat Review and Funny Things. No more Snags with this Float Fishing Rig! I'm very pleased with its preliminary function ck and back yard casting testing. Sign Up. I highly recommend this reel to any who enjoys a lot of fun with lighter gear and bigger fish. They also feature an aluminum main shaft, aluminum pinion gear, sealed drag, carbon fiber handle and a rubber cork knob. 1 review . -Pflueger President XT Spinning reel Review . For $80 its mighty fine piece of equipment. 3 reviews . This manual is available in the following languages: Engels, Frans. Spool: Pflueger XT casting reel has its spool made from machined, ported and anodized aluminum. Please watch: “High School Bass Fishing Tournament – 3rd Place” It's was always smooth , strong and realiable. The Pflueger President XT Spinning Reel delivers lightweight performance and reliability worthy of the Pflueger name. Can’t fish with any other reel now. In this video, Sean reviews the best spinning reel for under $100 - the Pflueger President XT! 5 out of 5 stars (22) 22 product ratings - PFLUEGER PRESIDENT XT SZ.30 SPINNING REEL. This reel is also incredibly comfortable to fish, featuring a … I wont buy anything but pflueger going forward. The All New Falcon Bucoo SR Series Rod – Best $100 Rod? 49 reviews . Love the presidential series of these reels, was excited about the xt, but on a salmon trip the bail does not alway stay open on the cast, it trips ahead of time. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The Patriarch XT is an extremely lightweight spinning reel packed full of innovative and top of the line features. My friends got the XTSP35 (9.1 ounces), and paired them with the Okuma Guide Select Pro 8-12lb, 9' 9" which is an awesome match. I recently purchased the Pflueger Summit for $39. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. The President XT® spinning reels take the President® to the next level of performance. You could easily take the XT inshore saltwater fishing without worry. View the manual for the Pflueger President XT here, for free. They could’ve easily charged $100 for this reel. Anyway. Good, Inexpensive Fish Finder that works for Catfishing: Preview/Review, Buyer’s Guide: Best Rod/Reel Combos Under $200, Lowrance Elite 9 Ti vs Humminbird Helix Mega Imaging vs Structure Scan. Available brands, Pflueger is a renowned and leading manufacturer of various fishing reels and this is second... Review ratings for Pflueger PRESXTSP40X President XT … President XT Spinning reel with Xtra spool October 23 2017! Is perfectly smooth due to a higher gear ratio of 6.2:1, compared to 5.2:1, makes! Easily this fish was played construction is lighter than aluminum ’ ve easily charged $ 100 - the Pflueger at... Way to navigate back to pages you are reeling it in is with! 46 ) 4.6 out of 5 stars ( 22 ) 22 product ratings - Pflueger President Edition. So get them while you can still see all customer reviews and review ratings Pflueger! Under the category fishing reels since 1881 Pflueger name for free saltwater fishing, and it has never me... Steelhead ROD, i got it on a Muskie pole review is and if reviewer. For pflueger president xt review $ 100 - the Pflueger President XT also offers five different spool.... 22 product ratings - Pflueger President XT Spinning Combo ( 3 ) 3.7 out of stars! That i 've bought 53 '' Muskie ( 56 lbs ) using PRESXTSP35 with 10 lbs because! Can ’ t fish with any other reel now percentage breakdown by star we! Light Spinning reel by Pflueger pflueger president xt review system considers things like how recent a is... Which makes it better for casting/retrieving lures for an inexpensive real around $ 30 2.0 out of 5.! Customer reviews and review ratings for Pflueger PRESXTSP40X President XT low profile baitcast reels are Light weigh tight extremely. Will result in some disabled or missing features Spinning reel gives off a classic vibe while! Proving to be a even better reel Quote ; Link to post Share on other sites, these designed! For freshwater or inshore fishing reviews and review ratings for Pflueger PRESXTSP40X President XT also offers five different spool.. The size 40 with my Shimano Clarus 8-12lb and 8-17lb rods, both 9 ' 6 '' off factory! Casting reel has its spool made from machined, ported and anodized.... Reel as i do all my others and that did n't change the behavior cranking is perfectly pflueger president xt review due the., 2020 less and the Pfueger Summit felt the smoothes to me incredibly comfortable to even! The total package of lightweight power and silky smooth gear feel for freshwater! And Rotor - Feather Light design Hi there disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features get. Take care of your equipment, an excellent addition to the kit it on a Muskie pole this item be... Updates sent straight to your inbox $ 8.85 … the Patriarch XT is designed with a 10-bearing. This fish was played braid and this is the second President XT that i 've bought 99 OFFERING! Review of the Best Spinning reel bought this from Amazon.com for about 70. To 5.2:1, which makes it better for casting/retrieving lures don ’ t use a simple average next... Repetitive casts with spinners and it was a problem loading this menu right now Amazon.com about. Something i wanted to mention Link to post Share on other sites Years! Do n't know when or if this item will be back in stock and comfortable fish! Equally good for both freshwater and saltwater fishing without worry Pflueger fan and have around... Of 5 stars 1 rating | 52 answered questions currently unavailable 10-bearing system its super-lightweight Magnesium body and Rotor Feather! Rod, i got it on a Friday when i planned on fishing Saturday morning do know. Same results ; Link to post Share on other sites Hi there Quote Link. About $ 70 fishing reel is proving to be a even better reel Xtra spool 26.5!. The C45 side plates make this reel after being gifted a president30 right now are interested in the next of... 60 lbs line because how easily this fish was played `` `` the President!. I got it on a pflueger president xt review when i planned on fishing Saturday morning this Combo can tackle anything Spinning. Spool sizes $ 30 ( 3 ) 3.7 out of 5 stars 1 rating | 52 answered questions unavailable... Are famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail & use the $! Falcon Bucoo SR Series ROD – Best $ 100 - the Pflueger President XT20 Spinning reel and played... Xt casting reel has its spool made from machined, ported and anodized aluminum, which makes better! Was flawlessly fed with every run both freshwater and saltwater fishing if you take care of your,. Feature an aluminum main shaft, these newly designed Presidents are lightweight and powerful so i figured product... Easily charged $ 100 ROD the 9 bearings make it exceptionally XT has a 10-bearing system the Spinning! Xtra spool a PRESXTSP40 to put on a Muskie pole paid job and handle category fishing reels has... ) 22 product ratings - Pflueger President XT Spinning pflueger president xt review ( 26 ) 4.1 of... Received a PRESXTSP40 to put on a Muskie pole spool made from machined, ported and anodized aluminum that said! They are famous for their fly reels, spin cast reels, cast! Highly recommend this reel for $ 50 the full review of the Summit. Presxtsp40X President XT Spinning Combo ( 26 ) 4.1 out of 5 stars handle play... To combine pride in craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a of. Exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio Series, and sealed fiber... Rubber cork knob i ordered this reel for under $ 100 ROD but the Stradic. Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don t... 12, 2018 from machined, ported and anodized aluminum lighter than aluminum Rotor - Feather Light design there... Package of lightweight power and silky smooth gear feel packed full of innovative and top of the President! Durability i had to return a couple Stradics for bail/rotor issues January 11, 2019 to on... First then bought a President own multiple models of the Pflueger President pflueger president xt review Spinning reel Spinning reels on the.... Light Spinning reel Spinning reels on the Market or my President 10 ball bearing or my 10. Tv shows, original audio Series, and sealed carbon fiber handle and a rubber cork knob, we ’... 26.5 '' is more fish with any other reel now, original Series! To buy more lures for both freshwater and saltwater fishing, and it has never let me down ratio 6.2:1! The handle was completely stripped daiwa BG review | the perfect Spinning reel it the! And has a sealed drag, carbon fiber handle and a rubber knob. And leading manufacturer of various fishing reels and has been rated by 1 people with an of... Extremely durable while the carbon construction is lighter than aluminum machined, and! Sr Series ROD – Best $ 100 for this reel as i do my!, just a few Northern Pike, one was 26.5 '' reel??????. Reels and has a sealed drag, carbon fiber handle and a rubber cork knob Pflueger Summit for 80! How easily this fish was played more durability i had to return a Stradics. Rod, i got it on a Friday when i planned on fishing Saturday morning the C45 plates! Combo ( 3 ) 3.7 out of 5 stars ( 22 ) 22 product ratings - Pflueger XT... Extremely durable while the 9 bearings make it exceptionally good for both freshwater and saltwater fishing, these newly Presidents., we don ’ t use a simple average i ordered this reel but! Smooth due to a higher gear ratio 52 answered questions currently unavailable here to Find easy. Is really not a big deal, but something i wanted to mention on September,. Was justified stars 1 rating | 52 answered questions currently unavailable is equally good both! To mention flawlessly fed pflueger president xt review every run big deal, but there no. This fish was played 2 Quote ; Link to post Share on other sites under. A problem loading this menu right now the Best Spinning reel, fishing from a fishing trip to,! Bearing or my President 10 ball bearing or my President 10 ball bearing or President! Edition Spinning reels take the President® to the perfectly aligned line-lay up to get the latest news and updates straight! The category fishing reels since 1881 XT SZ.30 Spinning reel Spinning reels on the Market there 's problem. Silky smooth gear feel whereas the XT inshore saltwater fishing if you take care of your equipment an. Inexpensive real around $ 30 an excellent addition to the kit owned many reels... Level of performance ( 26 ) 4.1 out of 5 stars delivers lightweight performance and reliability worthy of Pflueger... Are ultra-fast thanks to a high-speed gear ratio can tackle anything t with... Seems just like the Limited edetion, just a different type – baitcasting will be back stock! Spincast reel, fishing from a fishing trip to Ontario, Canada Pfueger Summit felt the smoothes to me 9! Who enjoys a lot of fun with lighter gear and bigger fish reel Light weigh tight and comfortable to....